FEBRUARY BREAK ADVENTURE IN THE SNOW WITH SCHOOL RELATED IDEAS…
Subjects: Reading, Math, Technology, Science and Art
1) Reading: Books to read.. (see below)
2) Math and Science: See teachinglittlepeople.blogspot.com (see picture below of pocket chart with the snowman poem)
3) Science: hot and cold (for students who learn using concrete symbols: use hot and cold water or a blowdryer) You can also teach a lesson on what to wear in the winter cold weather and summer hot weather.
4) Art: You can make snowmen out of cotton or marshmallows or use chalk or white paint for a winter scene.
5) Technology: pbskids.org videos on winter
6) ** Outside exposure is important for children with special needs: If there is snow outside, it would be great to have them touch the snow and feel the cool air on their face.